Man pages question...

Frank Laszlo laszlof at tvog.net
Mon May 9 10:48:11 PDT 2005

Ganael Laplanche wrote:

>Hi all !
>
>I'm updating the aMule port and having questions about manpages management...
>aMule installs man pages in several languages, *BUT* each language doesn't
>provide the sames pages (different names or missing ones)... How can I deal with
>this ?
>
>The porter's handbook don't tell too much about this... Should I hardcode each
>man page in the pkg-plist ? Or do you have any hint ?
>
>Thank you very much,
>Regards,

Firstly, manpages do not belong in the pkg-plist. they are defined in
the Makefile for the port. MAN1, MAN2, MAN3, etc.. Unless you can find a
way to verify a users locale settings (im sure theres an env/make var
for this) you could just default to english only, and setup hooks for
alternate languages.

.if defined(MAN_LANG)
MAN1= foo-${MAN_LANG} bar-${MAN_LANG}
MAN6= blah-${MAN_LANG}
.else
MAN1= foo bar
MAN6= blah
.endif

Something like this should work. Hope that helps.

-Frank Laszlo