FreeBSD Port: howl-0.9.10 ref to -> /proc/dev/net

Joe Marcus Clarke marcus at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 7 12:19:11 PDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 14:34 +0200, Daniel S. Haischt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a question regaring the usage of /proc/dev/net.
> I guess this is a Linux device and not a FreeBSD device.
>
> Tho - there are still references to /proc/dev/net in
> /usr/local/lib/libhowl.so.0. Could this be a problem?

This is there because of a #define.  However, the code that
reads /proc/net/dev is only called by nifd which is only installed on
Linux.

Joe

--
Joe Marcus Clarke
FreeBSD GNOME Team      ::      gnome at FreeBSD.org