Resolve joe/joe-devel ports

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Fri May 6 16:19:51 PDT 2005

Top posting because it seems suitable in this case...

I love and use joe as my editor of choice (first port/pkg I install on a new
box, then change EDITOR to joe), and I've never used joe-devel, but I'd
suggest in the light of what you're saying about joe's original developer
that obliterating the old joe and having editors/joe just be the new one
(formerly joe-devel) seems to be the right thing to do. And the easiest for
you.

Bite the bullet sooner rather than later I'd say. Change it immediately and
don't look back. People are going to complain anyway.

Just my EUR 0.02,

Regards,

Dan