Abiword print problem

Mikkel C. Simonsen mcs at post5.tele.dk
Wed May 4 17:22:05 PDT 2005

I have installed AbiWord2-2.0.11 (from a package) on a FreeBSD 5.3R
system - but I can only print blank pages.

With the default Abiword print command (lpr) nothing happens. When I
change the command to "lpr -Plp" I get blank pages - the correct number
of pages, but all blank.

The printer is a brother PostScript (or BrotherScript) printer connected
to the parallel port. I can print from Mozilla without problems.

I have seen this problem mentioned in the mailing-list archive - any
solutions?

The only programmes installed on the system are AbiWord and Mozilla (the
"harddisk" is a 1GB flash card), so I only installed whatever
dependencies Abiword and Mozilla needed.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen