Apache2 segfault

Clement Laforet clement at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 3 10:48:02 PDT 2005

Hi,

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 07:34:56PM +0200, Kvesdn Gbor wrote:
> I have an apache 2.0.53 from the prots colletction with auth, dav, misc,
> ssl, threads modules on FreeBSD 5.3 amd64.Some of the httpd processes
> crash with SIGSEGV signal (11). Most of the web pages are reachable, but
> some aren't. (e. g. Squirrelmail) In the apache error-log I can see such
> messages:
<skip errors sig 11 error>
you forgot mod_php ;-)

> This phenomenon has been existed since approximately I upgraded the
> apache webserver from .52. Generally I use CFLAGS=-Os -march=athlon64
> and gcc4.0. But now, I deleted the dependencies of the apache webserver,
> commented the whole make.conf out, and recompiled almost everything for
> apache and the result is the same. What can I do now? Please help me, it
> is quite important since this is a production system....

I think it's a php problem, not an apache one. You have 2 choices:
1. grab a core dump and backtrace it (look at www/apache2 CVS commit
history on freshports for more details to set it up). don't forget
to recompile apache2 with WITH_DEBUG=YES.
2. comment/uncomment your php extensions in extensions.ini to find
the culpit. php.net ressource pages and -ports@ archives can help you
to find it and, maybe, tell you how to fix it.

clem