libmagic

Aaron Siegel bulk_mail at siegel-tech.net
Wed Mar 30 08:55:25 PST 2005

 I am still a beginner but my best guess after reading the config.log is the
libmagic is not working properly.  I am running  FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE #0: Sun
Feb 27 10:19:56 MST 2005.  The port devel/ruby-filemagic is reporting the
same error.  A developer from the yzis project was able to compile with the
lastest version of FreeBSD. I am going to try upgrading, see if that works.

Part of the config.log and output of ldconfig are posted bellow

Thank you

Aaron

config.log

configure:33407: checking for magic.h
configure:33414: result: yes
configure:33425: checking for magic_open in -lmagic
configure:33455: gcc -o conftest -O2    -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT  -D_THREAD_SAFE
conftest.c -lm
agic   >&5

/usr/lib/libmagic.so: undefined reference to `inflate'
/usr/lib/libmagic.so: undefined reference to `inflateEnd'
/usr/lib/libmagic.so: undefined reference to `inflateInit2_'
configure:33461: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:

______Break_______

| /* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
| #ifdef __cplusplus
| extern "C"
| #endif
| /* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
|    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
| char magic_open ();
| int
| main ()
| {
| magic_open ();
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:33486: result: no
configure:33495: error: libmagic not found. Please install libmagic.

ldconfig -r
75:-lmagic.1 => /usr/lib/libmagic.so.1