Fwd: Re: FreeBSD Port: k3b-0.11.20_1

Gregory Crosswhite cog at umd.edu
Sun Mar 27 19:03:35 PST 2005

Oops!  Michael just suggested that I should forward my reply to you all in
case anyone else has any ideas.

PS:  I am capable of hacking code to fix this if need be, but I don't know
where to find the documentation for the exact command that k3b is using to
detect the write modes of the CD burner.  I did some googling and found some
SCSI-2 command reference documentation online, but it didn't go into detail
in the "MODE SENSE" or "GET CONFIGURATION" commands and how they apply to CD
burners so I couldn't figure out what was going on.

Thanks,
Greg