Ports install won't work

Mike O'Brien obrien at rush.aero.org
Thu Mar 24 17:34:37 PST 2005

	I've included "ports" here since they need to know this
too, maybe.  For their sake, the problem was that installing
OpenOffice-1.1.4 from ports on a freshly cvsup'ed RELENG_4
machine with fresh ports collection resulted in a successful
install of a version of OpenOffice that would do its own initial
setup, then not run.  This is the answer:

> I think you need to install the rtld patch.  From files/Makefile.knobs:
>
>        @${ECHO} "Please remake your rtld by:
>        @${ECHO} "[1] if you use 4-series:"
>        @${ECHO} "# fetch http://people.freebsd.org/~maho/ooo/patch-rtld.c-releng4"
>        @${ECHO} "# cd /usr/src/libexec/rtld-elf ; patch < patch-rtld.c-releng4"
>        @${ECHO} "# make ; make depend ; make install"

	And, by Gad, ladies and gentlemen, that was it!

	I applied this patch as instructed and "soffice" now
opens correctly.  If this text spat out in the course of installing
OpenOffice-1.1.4 (a process requiring some hours and many megabytes
of text output), I didn't see it.

Mike O'Brien