Installing Ports

Ryan Lessl rmlessl at loyno.edu
Wed Mar 23 16:37:23 PST 2005

Hey thanks for all your help, guys.  You are the bombs.
Gaim worked.  I'll look at the ayttm also to see if I would
like that one better.  Should I be concerned about them
conflicting?

Basically it all boils down to: I got the same error message
that you got, Fernan:

/usr/X11R6/libexec/aim: error while loading shared
libraries: libXprt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory

BTW can I get a gaim icon placed somewhere?  I suppose
that's not a ports question, and I probably could find the
answer in the FreeBSD manual.  If you force me to go search
for the answer in there, I don't suppose I could hate you
for it ;)

Peace, Thanks again,
Ryan

------------------------
Also, just for reference or if you're interested:

1)
> > Then I tried the "rehash" command like it suggested in
the online manual, but that > > didn't change the situation.

> And the error was ?

No error, it had just given me another command prompt
immediately.

2)
> In the shell in which you did rehash, do a:
> ls -l `which aim`
> and then
> `which aim`

> If it doesn't run after the second command then send us
the output of
> the first.

Here's what happened ("infinia" is me):
infinia# ls -l 'which aim'
ls: which aim: No such file or directory
infinia# 'which aim'
which aim: Command not found.
infinia# which aim
/usr/X11R6/bin/aim
infinia# ls -l which aim
ls: aim: No such file or directory
ls: which: No such file or directory
infinia#

3)
> Perhaps you refer to the files and folders that are in
> /usr/ports/net/aim/work/*?

yeah that's what it was

Peace
Ryan