FreeBSD Port: ethereal-0.10.10

Dwayne MacKinnon Dwayne.MacKinnon at xwave.com
Mon Mar 21 10:41:45 PST 2005

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

>>I installed the heimdal port and the compile was fixed. Where should I
>>put in a request to make heimdal a build-depend for ethereal?
>

> Nowhere, since it isn't a build dependency for ethereal.  If you don't
> have the heimdal port installed, it will still build provided you don't
> have Kerberos in the base system.
>
> Joe

Hmnn.

	It seems to me that there oughta be some way to check to see if the box
in question has Kerberos installed and, if so, add heimdal to the
build-depends list. The reason I say this is that I always build my
workstations by selecting "All" distributions in sysinstall... and that
puts Kerberos on the box. I doubt I'm the only one who does this, so
this problem will keep popping up.

	I'll have to think about this. Maybe I can come up with a patch  to the
Makefile.

	Thanks for all your help, Joe.

Cheers,
DMK