php5-imap / cclient IPv6 issue ?

Arnaud Boudou skuld at goddess-gate.com
Mon Mar 21 08:19:49 PST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to get php5-imap and cclient working with IPv6 working, but I
can't. PHP supports IPv6 (tested with fsocket functions), my IMAP
daemons listen on IPv6 interfaces, and cclient seems to be compiled with
  IPv6 support (according to
/usr/ports/mail/cclient/work/imap-2004c1/c-client/Makefile). But
/usr/ports/mail/cclient/work/Makefile sets IP to 4 instead of 6.

While trying to connect to IMAP with php5-imap, PHP returns me an error
saying it can resolve the hostname (this hostname only resolve with
IPv6). Giving the litteral IPv6 address, with ou without enclosing
brackets give an error too.

I wonder if the /usr/ports/mail/cclient/work/Makefile file with IP=4 is
not the cause of this ?

Regards
--
Arnaud Boudou