Max recursion level (500) exceeded.

Adam Weinberger adamw at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 18 14:49:45 PST 2005

Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-ports-local at be-well.ilk.org> writes:
>

>>Kris Kennaway <kris at FreeBSD.org> writes:

>>>It doesn't for me, so you'll still need to debug this some more on
>>>your own or at least post some details.
>>
>>So far, I've tracked it down to calculating the all-depends-list in
>>lang/gcc32.  And if I deinstall gcc32, the problem goes away.
>

> The problem comes from the USE_GCC variable in the gcc32 Makefile.
> Is USE_GCC broken for "ORLATER" if a later gcc is already installed?

ENOPARSE on that last line, sir.

That USE_GCC line shouldn't be creating any sort of BROKEN assignment.
And it shouldn't choke if gcc > 3.2 (or gcc > 2.7) is installed.

The only thing I'm confused about is why openoffice-1.1 has an explicit
BUILD_DEPENDS on gcc32, rather than just using USE_GCC=3.2.

However, you are most certainly correct in that when I deinstalled
gcc32, make clean went smoothly and quickly.

# Adam

--
Adam Weinberger
adamw at magnesium.net || adamw at FreeBSD.org