Partial solution for openoffice-2.0 and gcc-ooo

Dr. Richard E. Hawkins hawk at slytherin.ds.psu.edu
Fri Mar 18 07:26:24 PST 2005

Please cc: me, as I'm not currently subscribed.

Openoffice 2.0 now fails to build as gcc-ooo is marked as broken.

This is because it fails to retrieve all its files, which is in turn
because of the line:

PATCH_SITES+=   http://www.nedprod.com/TnFOX/patches/

in the Makefile.

www.nedprod.com is simiply a parked domain; it has no content.

I manually downloaded the file at

http://ftp7.de.freebsd.org/pub/EMAIL/FreeBSD/distfiles/GCC3.4.0VisibilityPatch2.diff

put it in /usr/ports/distfiles, removed the broken, and gcc-ooo compiled
and installed.

It failed some of the tests with "make test," but I don't know whether
it's supposed to be able to pass them, anyway.

The rest of the dependent packages are then successfully built, and on
dueal 2.4G Xeons, it built for about four hoursbefore bombing out with

deliver -- version: 1.78
Statistics:
Files copied: 0
Files unchanged/not matching: 137
cd ../../unxfbsd.pro/bin/odk680/classes && zip -u -r
../../../bin/uno_loader_cla
sses com/* win/*
dmake:  Error code 12, while making
'../../unxfbsd.pro/bin/uno_loader_classes.zi
p'
'---* RULES.MK *---'

4 module(s):
        libxmlsec
        desktop
        filter
        odk
need(s) to be rebuilt

Reason(s):

ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-2.0-devel
/work/odk/pack/copying
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-2.0-devel
/work/libxmlsec
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-2.0-devel
/work/desktop/source/migration/services
ERROR: error 65280 occurred while making
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-2.0-devel
/work/filter/source/config/fragments

Attention: if you build and deliver the above module(s) you may
prolongue your t
he build issuing command "build --from libxmlsec desktop filter odk

*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-2.0-devel.

hawk
--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk at psu.edu  111 Hiller (814) 375-4846      \ /   against HTML mail