Packages and dependencies...

Forrest Aldrich forrie at forrie.com
Thu Mar 17 10:38:12 PST 2005

This is a brand new system that was installed and CVSup'd yesterday
(late EST), and so there really aren't any ports installed yet.

When I went to build amavisd-new via "make package-recursive" this
problem occured.   So is it that the port itself isn't up-to-date (the
one generating the error), or?

I will keep reading the UPDATING file, but I am not sure how that
applies here to a new system with nothing installed.

I found this:

20050201:
  AFFECTS: users of lang/perl5 and lang/perl5.8
  AUTHOR: tobez at FreeBSD.org

  lang/perl5 has been updated to 5.6.2, and lang/perl5.8 has been
  updated to 5.8.6. you should update everything depending on perl, that
  is:

    * first, upgrade your perl installation (use either lang/perl5 or
      lang/perl5.8, the latter being recommended);
    * for FreeBSD 4.X, run "use.perl port", so that the system knows you
      have 5.8.6 or 5.6.2;  this step is not needed on FreeBSD 5.X and
      FreeBSD -CURRENT;
    * run some magic incantations to upgrade all ports depending on perl,
      that is run something like :
      portupgrade -f `(pkg_info -R perl-5\* |tail +4; \
        find /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.[68].[1245] -type f -print0 \
        | xargs -0 pkg_which -fv | sed -e '/: ?/d' -e 's/.*: //')|sort -u`
      This is likely to fail for a few ports, you'll have to upgrade them
      afterwards by hand.

Thanks,
Forrest