complaint

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Tue Mar 15 12:27:15 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Anders Nordby wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Add WITHOUT_CUPS=yes to /etc/make.conf already, Gnome and other things
> can do without it.

Well, I went to the x11/gnome2/Makefile, it has no notes, no comments
referring to any such feature.  If you know about this, or whatever
sub-sub-sub-port it's actually working thru, could you put a line in the
x11/gnome2/Makefile that describes how to use it?

Regardless, you aren't going to seriously argue the correctness of my
argument, are you?  You really need me to compound a list of ports that DO
force you to install extra pieces of a larger port?

Or can you possibly admit that such examples DO exist?  And, IF they
exist, do you think I am wrong in what I wish to have happen (to have such
ports broken into pieces?  Perhaps, codify the rules for formation of a
DONTINSTALLIT type flag, for naming purposes?