Blackbox-0.70 update problems (ports/78678)

Andrew J Caines A.J.Caines at halplant.com
Tue Mar 15 09:28:23 PST 2005

In my unusually conservative opinion, now is not the time to update the bb
ports. The older versions have been in there for long enough to leave them
there a week or two longer without it seeming like the ports are falling
behind. With the X.org update going in, this seems like asking for trouble.

These ports need package messages describing the changes and giving
instructions, not UPDATING entries. The various bb ports should be tested
together, too.

I would be inclined to back out the last change and hold off at least until
bbpager 0.4.0 is released, then make and test a good bunch of patches and
get then all in together. Saying "No bbpager for you because you updated!"
just ain't right.

-Andrew-