Blackbox-0.70 update problems (ports/78678)

Randy Pratt rpratt1950 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 15 06:58:54 PST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 14:55:41 +0100
Florent Thoumie <flz at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Danny Koenig wrote:
> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 02:48:43 -0500
> > Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines at halplant.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm running blackbox-0.70.0, boxtools-0.70.0, bbkeys-0.9.0 and
> >>bbpager-0.4.0 based on my own patches which I posted here in the
> >>earlier thread[1]. It's all still working perfectly for me on my
> >>5.4-PRERELEASE box.
> >

> > Your patches looks good. But your mail from March 10 which you have sent
> > to freebsd-ports@ never was in my mailbox. So I missed important
> > information.
> >

> >>bbpager 0.3.1 appears not to work with blackbox 0.70.0, as I
> >>previously observed. Unfortuantely there is not yet a 0.4.0 release so
> >>I'm running on 0.40.0 from CVS and was waiting to file PRs for this
> >>reason, as I mentioned.
> >

> > I have updated blackbox to 0.70.0 without the knowledge that bbpager
> > 0.3.1 won't work in this version. Should we add bbpager 0.3.1 as
> > conflict in current bb Makefile while 0.4.0 release is not available?

> >>The config and syntax has changed. In fact lots of things have changed
> >>in the bb ports and since I haven't used the updated port(s), I don't
> >>know if all the changes have been advertised in a package message for
> >>each affected port.
> >

> > As I can see, bbkeys 0.4.0 works fine with bb 0.70.0. I think Florent
> > or any other Committer can commit them.
> >
> > [1] http://halplant.com:88/software/FreeBSD/ports/bbkeys-0.9.0.patch
>
> 	Send a PR, it should be committed before ports freeze.
>
> 	I'll do it if no committer takes it before tonight.

It might be helpful to make an entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING about
configuration changes that may be required with a URL or some
sort of synopsis.

I really appreciate this quick response since we do have a ports
freeze coming up.  I update ports nightly at 0400 GMT and will
try to make time to test both blackbox and fluxbox.

Thanks!

Randy