pkg-plist: substitutions and large DIR

A. Nooitgedagt a.nooit at 12move.nl
Wed Mar 9 02:16:38 PST 2005

Hello,
After creating a new port, I'm at the point of managing the pkg-plist.

However, I cannot find good info on all PLIST substitutions.
Can anybody point me to the right docs and/or a good example.

For example, all files seem to become prefixed with ${LOCALBASE}, but what
if I have something in /var ?

Furthermore, currently the automatically created plist is almost 8000 lines
long! But all files/dirs are in one main directory! The plist is hard to
manage this way if I have to specify all files. How should I deal with it?
Is it possible to delete the main directory in one line and not to list all
files separately.

Thanks

Aldert