FreeBSD Port: bind9-9.3.0_1

Joshua Coombs jcoombs at gwi.net
Thu Mar 3 06:39:13 PST 2005

Current testing in house seems to prove out running bind 9.3.0 threaded on
FreeBSD 4.9-p11.  Looking at cvsweb it seems the lockout on threading was
implimented 2+ years ago, based on the fact that threading support was
listed as experimental.  Given our testing, instead of just doing an OS
Version test, should threading be a user controllable variable, if not
enabled by default?  In our high load enviroment, threaded bind is a vast
improvement in performance, and reliability as we don't stop responding to
dns at cache-clean intervals.

Joshua Coombs