What to do about a "lost" PR?

David Landgren david at landgren.net
Tue Mar 1 10:39:59 GMT 2005

List,

I opened a PR in November 2004 regarding the pcre (Perl Compatible
Regular Expressions) library. All I wanted to do was to add 5 lines to
the Makefile (i.e., it's not rocket science), in order to allow people
to specify the --link-size option that can be fed to the configure script.

   http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/74369

A couple of weeks later, the PR was "handed over to maintainer". Since
then there's been no activity that I can see.

I sent a polite message to the e-mail address of the maintainer in early
January asking if they had any idea on when my patch could be folded in,
whilst acknowledging that they may have a Life and may not have the time
to respond in a timely manner. I never heard anything back.

It's now March, and the PR is still open. What does one do in a case
like this? May I become a committer for this port?

Thanks,
David