OpenOffice.org ports breaking index rebuild

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Wed Jun 29 21:06:46 GMT 2005

On 06/29/05 01:56 PM, Adam Weinberger sat at the `puter and typed:
> Louis LeBlanc wrote:
> > I apologise if this is coming through for the umpteenth time.  I'm not
> > on the ports list, so you may have already gotten this information,
> > but I figured I'd share just in case.
> >
> > It appears that several language based OpenOffice.Org ports are
> > breaking index generation.  I recenly refreshed my ports and was
> > unable to rebuild the index with the following error:
> > # portsdb -Ufu
> > Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..fr-ooodict-BE-1.20050518: "/usr/ports/french/openoffice-1.1" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
> > ===> french/ooodict-fr_BE failed
> > *** Error code 1
> >
> > After a little examination I realized the fr-oodict-BE port is trying
> > to find ports/french/open0ffice-1.1, which doesn't exist.  I
> > temporarily fixed the problem by linking openoffice.org from editors
> > to french, and continued.  This time I ran into the same problem with
> > japanese/openoffice-templates looking for japanese/openoffice-1.1.
> >
> > Same solution, try again:  Success - with a couple minor mentions of
> > "no entry for ...".  Now I just have to remove the dummy links so I
> > don't get wierd behavior in the event these ports are actually created
> > rather than simply correcting the paths in the other two.
>
> This was fixed a tiny bit ago, and we all get notified automatically
> whenever INDEX builds break, so reporting it to us becomes a bit redundant.
>
> If you re-run cvsup (you might allow a bit of time for the commit to
> propagate to all the cvsup mirrors), the INDEX should build fine. Also
> note that under most circumstances you don't need to build your own
> INDEX: cd /usr/ports && make fetchindex works fine for most people.
>
> # Adam

I was afraid I was being redundant.  Sorry for the noise.  I'll keep
that little auto-notification tidbit in mind.  I know the fetchindex
works, but I was suspicious that the autogenerated index might be a
few days old because I thought I saw a port being updated that I had
installed but wasn't showing up in the "portversion -L =" output.

Thanks.
Lou