OpenOffice.org ports breaking index rebuild

Louis LeBlanc FreeBSD at keyslapper.net
Wed Jun 29 20:52:03 GMT 2005

I apologise if this is coming through for the umpteenth time.  I'm not
on the ports list, so you may have already gotten this information,
but I figured I'd share just in case.

It appears that several language based OpenOffice.Org ports are
breaking index generation.  I recenly refreshed my ports and was
unable to rebuild the index with the following error:
# portsdb -Ufu
Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..fr-ooodict-BE-1.20050518: "/usr/ports/french/openoffice-1.1" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
===> french/ooodict-fr_BE failed
*** Error code 1

After a little examination I realized the fr-oodict-BE port is trying
to find ports/french/open0ffice-1.1, which doesn't exist.  I
temporarily fixed the problem by linking openoffice.org from editors
to french, and continued.  This time I ran into the same problem with
japanese/openoffice-templates looking for japanese/openoffice-1.1.

Same solution, try again:  Success - with a couple minor mentions of
"no entry for ...".  Now I just have to remove the dummy links so I
don't get wierd behavior in the event these ports are actually created
rather than simply correcting the paths in the other two.

Lou