portmanager and perl threaded

Abu Khaled khaled.abu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 01:00:43 GMT 2005

I have a situation here where portmanager treats perl-threaded-5.8.7
as an old port and tries to update it.

-snip
have:perl-threaded-5.8.7   status: OLD available:perl-5.8.7   /lang/perl5.8
-snip

Portmanager almost recompiled my entire ports tree and I was lucky to
stop it before it uninstalled perl-threaded-5.8.7
Portupgrade correctly reports that the port is up-to-date but I wanted
to test portmanager and see how it differs from portupgrade.
Can someone give me a workaround for this problem? What options do I
need to add for portmanager configuration aside from IGNORE?

--
Kind regards
Abu Khaled