perl-after-upgrade does not process anything

Christian Laursen xi at borderworlds.dk
Tue Jun 28 13:57:55 GMT 2005

Sergey Skvortsov <skv at protey.ru> writes:

> Jiawei Ye wrote:
> >
> > I have just used 'portupgrade -a' to upgrade my ports to the latest
>
> If you use 'portupgrade' then 'perl-after-upgrade' is useless because
> portupgrade fixes all +CONTENTS files in /var/db/pkg to update new
> dependencies and 'perl-after-upgrade' can not detect anything.

According to the perl-after-upgrade manpage:

After installation of the new perl is complete, either by hand from the
ports collection, or from a package, or via portupgrade, do the follow-
ing:

Personally I have upgraded perl from 5.8.6 to 5.8.7 with portupgrade and
used perl-after-upgrade afterwards with no problems at all.

--
Christian Laursen