Modification request for /usr/ports/sysutils/apcupsd/ (+snmp supp ort)

Constant, Benjamin bconstant at be.tiauto.com
Tue Jun 28 13:38:56 GMT 2005

Hello list,

What is the right way to follow to request port changes?

Now, this is my request:

I'm using multiple FreeBSD boxes connected to a *big* ups and I want to be
able to
perform a clean shutdown in case of power outage. This ups is equipped with
a WEB/SNMP
management card and the only way to get ups status for this ups is to use
snmp polling
because there is only one serial output on this ups. Apcupsd project is able
to manage
retrieve ups status trough snmp protocol but the current configuration of
the FreeBSD
port does not include snmp support. I performed some tests with snmp support
on a
FreeBSD 5.4 stable and I've included a patch ($FreeBSD:
ports/sysutils/apcupsd/Makefile
,v 1.36 2005/05/15 14:51:44 lkoeller Exp $) in attachement.

Regards,

Benjamin Constant
TI Automotive

confidential information.  It is intended only for the use of the
person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original message. This communication is from TI
Automotive.