bug in patching phase of cups-pstoraster

Simon Barner barner at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jun 28 12:56:29 GMT 2005

[Please don't Cc: both ports at FreeBSD.org and freebsd-ports at FreeBSD.org
 in order to avoid duplicates]

Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> Le Tuesday 28 June 2005 13:37, Jose M Rodriguez a écrit :
> > El Martes, 28 de Junio de 2005 12:36, Thierry Herbelot escribió:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have here a R/O shared ports tree, under the /files2 mount point. A
> > > symbolic link points from /usr/ports to /files2/ports
> >
> > This is not enough.  You must define PORTSDIR.
>
> This is indeed a work-around, but this is the first port where I saw this kind
> of problem (and I have some *hundreds* of ports which build correctly without
> setting PORTSDIR).

IMO this isn't a workaround, but the correct solution. AFAIK ${PORTSDIR}
is supposed to point to the realpath of your port collection's root
directory.

Is there something bad about setting PORTDIR correctly?

> This is an explanation :
>
> in ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk, WRKDIR is correctly set with :
> WRKDIR?=            ${WRKDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR}/work
>
> but in ports/print/cups-pstoraster/Makefile, the new WRKSRC is hardwired to :
>  ${WRKDIRPREFIX}${PORTSDIR}/${GHOSTSCRIPT_PORT}/work/ghostscript

Which is because cups-pstoraster needs the ghostscript sources to
build...

You might try whether

${WRKDIRPREFIX}${.CURDIR}/../../${GHOSTSCRIPT_PORT}/work/ghostscript

works without setting PORTSDIR (although I consider that a bit ugly).

> which is wrong as PORTSDIR points (correctly) to /usr/ports when ${.CURDIR}
> is /files2/ports
>
> for the time being, I will set PORTSDIR.

Regards,
 Simon