perl-after-upgrade does not process anything

Jiawei Ye leafy7382 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 01:36:32 GMT 2005

Dear port maintainers,

I have just used 'portupgrade -a' to upgrade my ports to the latest
version, perl 5.8.7 included. After portupgrade finished, I ran
perl-after-upgrade, but the output of the command is:

root at orion:/usr/ports# perl-after-upgrade
-
---
Fixed 0 packages (0 files moved, 0 files modified)
Skipped 479 packages
root at orion:/usr/ports# perl-after-upgrade -f
-

But it fixed nothing, re-running amavisd-new results in:

root at orion:/usr/ports# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/amavisd.sh restart
amavisd not running? (check /var/amavis/amavisd.pid).
Starting amavisd.
ERROR: MISSING REQUIRED BASIC MODULES:
  Unix::Syslog
  Compress::Zlib
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/sbin/amavisd line 146.

I fell back using the script mentioned in ports/UPDATING and forced
upgrade of all perl dependant ports.

Jiawei
---

--
"Without the userland, the kernel is useless."
               --inspired by The Tao of Programming