opera-8.0.20050415 has problem resolving IP addresses in 5.4-RC3

Volker Stolz vs at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jun 27 14:39:26 GMT 2005

In gmane.os.freebsd.devel.ports, you wrote:
> I have recently downloaded and installed opera 8 and for some unknown reason it encounters problems like crashing or doesn't want to run at all!! can you help me with this?? if you can it would be a great help for me!

What does "crashing or doesn't want to run at all" to do with the resolving-
trouble in the subject? Anyway, you might want to reinstall and run Opera
from a separate testing-account to rule out problems in .opera and friends.
Usually 'opera' generates core-dumps. Please look into them with gdb for
more details. Your report is pretty vague. Could it be a plugin?

Cheers,
  Volker
--
http://www-i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/stolz/ *** PGP *** S/MIME
It's a million to one chance, but it just might work.