www/mod_jk out dated?

David Ryan david at livemedia.com.au
Tue Jun 21 00:33:59 GMT 2005

I have a server with Apache and Tomcat installed using www/mod_jk2 as
the connector between the two.  After a few hours of searching yesterday
I discovered that mod_jk2 is no longer being supported.  Instead,
development has continued on the original mod_jk.  Neither ports for
mod_jk or mod_jk2 have been updated since Dec 2004.  mod_jk version
1.2.6 was the last port version.  mod_jk is now at 1.2.13 which was
released 16 May 2005.

Details of mod_jk can be found at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/connectors-doc/

What happens in this situation?  I've never created a port, so am
probably not the best person to maintain it.  I will be attempting to
build the latest mod_jk, however, I'm suprised how far out of date this
is.  I thought a lot of people used FreeBSD as web servers (I guess not
java web servers).

Regards,
David.