ports/82356: gmake -> gmake-devel repocopy request

Sergey Matveychuk sem at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jun 17 19:12:31 GMT 2005

Ade Lovett wrote:
> The USE_GMAKE knob will *not* be extended to handle the two ports, so
> then you end up with a high probability of other ports erroneously
> converting over to gmake-devel, leading to major infrastructural problems.

Yes! It's the main idea to fork gmake - do not affect on other ports.
Users who want it, will install it. But -devel means they warned about
possible problems.

> Please try to think in terms of the bigger picture here.  gmake is one

Yes. I do.

> of a number of absolutely core components of the FreeBSD ports/ build
> structure, and any changes to these have to be VERY carefully considered.

So I stopped ask you to fix gmake after two year.

> This is my last email on the subject.  Please respect my wishes as gmake
> MAINTAINER.

Yes, I respect you as gmake maintainer, but why we can't respect users
opinions? Let's ask them?

--
Sem.