Port net/jabber-pymsn -- incorrect rc.d startup file

Conrad Burger conrad.burger at swistgroup.com
Thu Jun 16 23:00:27 GMT 2005

Click here to view our e-mail legal notice:
http://www.swistgroup.com/email.htm or call: +27 21 888 7920
Hi

I might be wrong, but I might be right.

Looking at the net/jabber-pymsn port's startup file
/usr/local/etc/rc.d/jabber-pymsn-transport.sh.

The file indicates that the variable jabber_pymsn_piddir can be added to the
rc.conf to point to the pid.

But the script order makes this impossible to work.
Ok ... I'm to tried to go into details.

So could someone please update the port so that

load_rc_config $name executes before setting the pidfile variable.

Eg.

. /usr/local/etc/rc.subr

name="jabber_pymsn"
rcvar=`set_rcvar`
command_interpreter="/usr/local/bin/python2.4"
command="${jabber_pymsn_dir}/main.py"
command_args="&"

load_rc_config $name   <-------- moved to here

#procname="${PYTHON} ${jabber_pymsn_dir}/main.py"
pidfile="${jabber_pymsn_piddir}/pymsn.pid"

------------> was here

run_rc_command "$1"

Cheers
Conrad Burger