Thunderbird 1.0.2 failure on certain messages

Clint Olsen clint at 0lsen.net
Tue Jun 14 17:04:11 GMT 2005

I sent this to the Mozilla folks some time ago (I wasn't the only one who
saw it).  Certain types of email messages with attachments cause
Thunderbird to bomb out with the following error:

INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not get the JVM manager
System error?:: Unknown error: 0

I got a lot of mixed messages form the Mozilla folks.  Some claimed that
plugin support can be disabled on Thunderbird, but then later I read that
this is not really the source of the problem.

So, has anyone bottomed out on this?  I'd be glad to forward the message
that makes it crash...

-Clint