portsdb -uU INDEX build failure

Mike O'Brien obrien at rush.aero.org
Thu Jun 9 22:12:14 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 03:29:31PM -0700, Mike O'Brien wrote:
> 	I'm getting a failure to build the ports INDEX via
> "portsdb -uU".  This is the output, minus the big notice
> in the box of asterisks:
>=20
> # portsdb -uU
> Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..ident wa=
rning: no id keywords in standard input
> Variable PKGNAMESUFFIX is recursive.
> =3D=3D=3D> x11-wm/fvwm2 failed
> *** Error code 1
> 1 error

To which Kris Kennaway replied:

> I can't spot where it's calling ident(1).  Does the error repeat if
> you do 'make describe' from x11-wm/fvwm2?

	Right, the 'ident' thing.  Doesn't seem to matter.  That
particular error used to happen a lot, but starting a couple of
months ago the ports tree got severely cleaned up.  For a while
I got none of these, now one is back.  It doesn't matter, though.
I fixed up the "fvwm2" Makefile and now "portsdb" runs to
completion.  The "ident" errors are non-fatal warnings.

	Hopefully someone will commit this fix to the tree.

Mike O'Brien