ports/81643: multimedia/avidemux: recent avidemux (2.0.40) fails to compile

Csaba Molnár molnarcs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:25:06 GMT 2005

On 5/31/05, Anish Mistry <mistry.7 at osu.edu> wrote:
> The author says:
> Workaround : comment USE_X264 in config.h , yes it is ugly
>
> Does this work for you?
>
> BTW please CC the maintainer for ports issues so we don't have to wait
> for a commiter to poke us.  Thanks.
>
> --
> Anish Mistry

In short: it worked!

ps. this must be obvious for you, but wasn't for me, for I'm not an
expert or something: if I edited config.h before building the port,
the culprit lines were back, no matter which stage I removed them -
after make extract, make configure. So I edited it after the port
errored out, and build finished successfully, and the program seems to
work fine.

Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry for the delay in feedback!