FreeBSD Port: p5-DBD-SQLite-1.08

Daniel S. Haischt me at stefan.haischt.name
Mon Jun 6 16:28:07 GMT 2005

sorry for not reporting my OS version etc. ...

Anton Berezin wrote:
> Daniel,
>
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 02:09:16PM +0200, Daniel S. Haischt wrote:
>

>>I am trying to upgrade my p5-DBD-SQLite installation. During
>>the build process I am getting the following error message:
>>
>>===>  Building for p5-DBD-SQLite-1.08
>>cp lib/DBD/SQLite.pm blib/lib/DBD/SQLite.pm
>>/usr/local/bin/perl /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6/ExtUtils/xsubpp
>> -typemap /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.8.6/ExtUtils/typemap  SQLite.xs >
>>SQLite.xsc && mv SQLite.xsc SQLite.c
>>Cannot open 'SQLite.xsi': No such file or directory in SQLite.xs, line 72
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Actually I have no idea where to search for 'SQLite.xsi'.
>>Is this a file that gets generated?
>

> This is very interesting.  In my case, this file gets created right
> after cp lib/DBD/SQLite.pm blib/lib/DBD/SQLite.pm line.
>
> Can you answer the following questions:
>
> 1. what's the FreeBSD version you are running?

* FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE

> 2. if the answer to (1) is 4.X, did you run use.perl port script?

* na

> 3. what's the version of p5-DBI package?

pkg_info | grep p5-DBI
p5-DBI-1.48 The perl5 Database Interface.  Required for DBD::* modules
p5-DBIx-ContextualFetch-1.02 Add contextual fetches to DBI

> 4. do you have p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker installed as a separate package,
>    and if yes, what version?

Nope, I just have ...

pkg_info | grep p5-ExtUtils
p5-ExtUtils-CBuilder-0.09 Compile and link C code for Perl modules
p5-ExtUtils-ParseXS-2.07 Converts Perl XS code into C code

> 5. what's the contents of your /etc/make.conf?

I did attach my /etc/make.conf (hopefully it does not get stripped
by the mailinglist software ...)

> 6. do you have PERL defined anywhere in your environment, and if yes,
>    what is the value?

Nope.

Tho - /etc/make.conf contains ...

PERL_VER=5.8.6
PERL_VERSION=5.8.6

> 7. could you send a Makefile generated in "make configure" stage?
> 	cd /usr/ports/databases/p5-DBD-SQLite
> 	make clean
> 	make configure
>     -> look for work/DBD-SQLite-1.08/Makefile
>
> Thank you.
> \Anton.

I did attach that one as well ...

Some additional notes ...

 * If deleting /etc/make.conf, I am getting the same result.
 * After having installed p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker, I am still
   getting the same error.
 * I did attach the output of make configure, which contains
   the message:

   Warning: the following files are missing in your kit:
        getsqlite.pl

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / With kind regards
DAn.I.El S. Haischt

Spammers, please please send any mail to:
Daniel S. Haischt <me_c at daniel.stefan.haischt.name>

Want a complete signature??? Type at a shell prompt:
$ > finger -l haischt at daniel.stefan.haischt.name