kadmin (heimdal port) ignores the ldap backend

fandino fandino at ng.fadesa.es
Mon Jun 6 11:59:54 GMT 2005

Scot Hetzel wrote:
> I believe you have to set NO_KERBEROS in /etc/make.conf.  Then rebuild
> & install the FreeBSD sources in /usr/src.  Then after the
> installworld, you'll need to go to the /usr/lib directory and
> move/remove all libs that are older than the date of the install.

ok, I see two possibles fixes:

1) set NO_KERBEROS in /etc/make.conf, it seems more painless solution
    than making wrapper scripts around kadmin, kdc, kpasswd and all
    kerberized programs.

2) also setting HEIMDAL_HOME=/usr at /etc/make.conf can be another solution.

Now, to send a problem report to the heimdal maintainer port I think 2) is better
because it's easier overwrite the base system than locate and remove several files.

what do you think about this?