security/ppars-1.0 has dependency list errors

fbsd_user fbsd_user at a1poweruser.com
Sun Jun 5 19:21:55 GMT 2005

Trying to install the security/ppars-1.0 port under 5.4.

Get these errors.

# /usr/ports/security/ppars >make clean
ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
incomplete
ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
incomplete
ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
incomplete
ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/net-mgmt/p5-Net-Netmask" non-existent -- dependency
list
incomplete
ppars-1.0: "/usr/ports/lang/perl5.8" non-existent -- dependency list
incomplete
===>  Cleaning for ppars-1.0
# /usr/ports/security/ppars >

Now 5.4 installs perl 5.8.6_2 as part of the fresh install process and
p5-Net-Netmask was installed as a package because its so much easier and
quicker.

pkg_info shows both those dependencies as being there on my system.

There really should not be any dependency for perl because it's on all
FreeBSD systems and p5-Net-Netmask works on all versions of perl.

Looks like there is something wrong with the makefile in the way it checks
for dependencies.

Dependencies checking should really be looking at the /var/db/pkg directory
and not in the /usr/ports tree.

There is also a install instruction file that is suppose to display after
install is complete which is not happening, but I see it out there.

Could the committer who committed this port please correct these problems as
the problems where not present in the original make file submitted?

Thank You