New Category how?

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Thu Jun 2 04:57:21 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 12:48:34AM -0400, Diane Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2005 at 02:16:08PM +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:23:28PM +0200, Soeren Straarup wrote:
> > > We are some ham operators that wishes for a hamradio category.
> > > Is that possible?
> >
> > There is a lot possible. Even if not for a real category, then it
> > can be a virtual category.
> >
> > Step one: find all ports which would belong into it.

> acfax
> aldo
> cwdaemon
> echolinux
> gpredict
> gmfsk
> grig
> hamlib
> linrad
> nasawash
> predict
> qsstv
> thebridge
> tlf
> twpsk
> trustedqsl
> xastir
> xdx
> xlog
> sattrack

Now step 2: For every port mentioned above, add hamradio at the end
to their categories and run a diff -u on the ports Makefiles.

Also add it to the definition of VALID_CATEGORIES in Mk/bsd.port.mk
and do a diff -u on that too.

Step 3 is to use send-pr (use a change-request to ports) with a
request for a new cateogry, attach the patches and submit it.

Will it succeeed? I would be positive, since it is a clearly a
category which has a community, which is big enough to have its own
virtual category and which is bigger than the average virtual
category.

Edwin
--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org