Question about maintainers

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Thu Jul 28 14:43:42 GMT 2005

--On Thursday, July 28, 2005 09:37:34 -0500 Paul Schmehl
<pauls at utdallas.edu> wrote:

> --On Thursday, July 28, 2005 01:07:53 +0200 Björn König
> <bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> Paul Schmehl wrote:
>>
>>> So, does this mean that chuckr no longer maintains the port?
>>
>> This port had no maintainer for the last four years.
>>
> Great!  I need it for a port I'm working on, and the script won't run
> because it can't find iwidgets.  I guess that means I have one more port
> to do...

OK.  I see that tcl (83,84), itcl, itk and iwidgets are all without
maintainers.  Does that mean the ports are maintained by freebsd folks?  Or
not maintained at all?

I need all these ports for the port I'm working on.  They all install fine,
but the script in my port won't run because it can't find iwidgets.  I
still haven't figured out why, but I suspect it's either a pathing, env or
lib issue.  I've tried a number o symlinks in various places, none of which
have worked.

Is there someone maintaining these that might be able to help me sort this
out?