port failure to build imake-6

Julian Elischer julian at vicor.com
Mon Jul 25 10:14:56 GMT 2005

Dejan Lesjak wrote:
> Julian Elischer wrote:
>

>>making port imake-6 on my own version of FreeBSD 6.0
>>

>>schizo# cd work/xc/config/makedepend/
>>schizo# make
>>rm -f makedepend
>>cc -o makedepend -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -fno-strict-aliasing -ansi
>>-pedantic -Wno-system-headers -Dasm=__asm        -Wall -Wpointer-arith
>>-Wundef      include.o main.o parse.o pr.o cppsetup.o ifparser.o
>>-L/usr/X11R6/lib   -lgnumalloc  -Wl,-rpath,/usr/X11R6/lib
>>-Wl,-rpath-link,../../exports/lib
>>/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgnumalloc
>>*** Error code 1
>>
>>Stop in /usr/ports/devel/imake-6/work/xc/config/makedepend.
>>#
>

> The same happens if you do 'make build' from port directory, right?

it did

>>it compiled fine when I manually removed -lgnumalloc
>

> From Makefile or just by copy-pasting that command line but without
> -lgnumalloc?

I removed it from the Makefile in the appropriate directory.

I'm rebuilding the release with a more normal name so that
uname returns a more normal output and maybe the configure code will get it
right this time..
I'll let you know..

>>This MAY because in this company internal release uname -a returns
>>
>>schizo# uname -a
>>FreeBSD schizo.dev.vicor-nb.com VICOR FreeBSD VICOR #0: Sat Jul 23
>>09:41:45
>>UTC 2005     root at fbsd6.dev.vicor-nb.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
>>i386
>

> Building on FreeBSD should show the line like this:
>
> Building on FreeBSD 6.0 amd64 [ELF] (6.0.0).
>
> somewhere in the middle of 'make configure' output. What does it show there?
> Could you provide xc/config/makedepend/Makefile (after doing 'make configure')
> or see if there is -lgnumalloc somewhere in there?

If it still fails after I rebuild the release I'll gather this info..
it's rebuilding now but I'm off to sleep.

thanks for the answer..