php / pg question

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Thu Jul 21 00:02:00 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 04:04:19PM -0400, Jeffrey C. Webb wrote:
> Yes, I am new to FreeBSD. I have installed apache 2.0, php5.0 and PortgreSQL 8.0 using the following ports:
> postgresql80-server
> apache20
> php5
>
> I can run php script via the web, so I think that  php and apache are ok. Problem is, that I can not figure out how to get php configured to use postgresql. PHP does not know where any of the pg files are and either do I :o) ie. I put a reference to a php pg command in a script and php has no idea what it is for.

> Am I supposed to run lang/php5-extensions?

PHP5 extensions is a simple front-end to install all */php5-* modules.

> Do I need to install databases/php5-pgsql?

That's a way. Or:

in lang/php5-extensions, run "make" which will allow you to choose
which extensions you want and then "make depends" which installs
all these extensions.

Restart your webbrowser et voila, your phpinfo() shows that the
modules are available.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org