patch problem with new port

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Tue Jul 19 19:24:19 GMT 2005

--On Tuesday, July 19, 2005 13:35:07 -0500 Scot Hetzel <swhetzel at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you are repeatedly changing only one line in several files, you
> could use the ${REPLACE_CMD} variable to replace the line.
>
> USE_REINPLACE=	yes
> WISH_CMD?=    wish8.3
>
> post-patch:
> .for file in file1 file2
>     @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's:exec wish:exec ${WISH_CMD}:g' ${WRKDIR}/$file
> .endfor
>
> You can use this trick even if you are patching one of the files, as
> the post-patch occurs after your patch is applied.

This looks like the way to go, but I can't seem to get it to work.  The
file I want to patch is in ${WRKSRC}/client/, and here's the portion of the
Makefile that uses REINPLACE.

NO_BUILD=       yes
USE_REINPLACE=  yes
WISH_CMD?=      wish8.3
WRKSRC=         ${WRKDIR}/sguil-${PORTVERSION}

PORTDOCS=       CHANGES INSTALL INSTALL.openbsd LICENSE.QPL \
                OPENSSL.README TODO USAGE sguildb.dia

.include <bsd.port.pre.mk>

post-patch:
.for f in sguil.tk
  @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's:exec wish:exec ${WISH_CMD}:' ${WRKDIR}/client/${f}
.endfor

I'm sure it's something due to my ignorance, but I can't get this to work,
even though I tried several different permutations of the path to the file.
Any suggestions?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas