devel/pwlib and net/openh323 update coming

Tue Jul 19 13:53:24 GMT 2005

Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de> wrote:

> i spent a lot of time the past days/weeks to update the devel/pwlib
> and net/openh323 port to a more recent version.

You should coordinate with Steve Ames (CCed) and kwm@, they are working on it
(see http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=83396).

The rest of the quoted text is for Steve to understand what you're doing.

[...]
> You can get it at:
> ftp://ftp.frm2.tum.de/pub/jpulz/FreeBSD/pwlib_openh323-20050719.patch
> The md5 checksum is:
> MD5 (pwlib_openh323-20050719.patch) = 889c6cce0824c25d96aa935c0cdb99b6
>
> Now some details about what I've done and what needs to be done...
>
> What I've done:
> devel/pwlib
>  - updated from v1.5.2 to v1.9.0
>  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
>  - switch from static library to dynamic library with plugins
>  - added new dependencies
>  - auto-depend on devel/sdl12 if installed (useful for net/ohphone)
>  - switch over to configure
>  - removed old patches, added new patches
>  - make it installable and add pkg-plist
>
> net/openh323
>  - updated from v1.12.2 to v1.17.1
>  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
>  - switch from static library to dynamic library with plugins
>  - adjusted dependencies
>  - switch over to configure
>  - removed old patches, added new patches
>  - make it installable and add pkg-plist
>
> net/openam
>  - updated from v1.1.17 to v1.1.18
>  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
>  - updated dependencies
>  - switch over to link dynamically
>  - modified do-install stage and pkg-plist
>
> net/openmcu
>  - updated from v1.1.7 to v2.1.0
>  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
>  - updated dependencies
>  - switch over to link dynamically
>  - install the openmcu.1 manpage
>  - modified do-install stage and pkg-plist
>
> net/ohphone
>  - updated from v1.4.1 to v1.14.4
>  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
>  - updated dependencies
>  - switch over to link dynamically
>  - modified do-install stage and pkg-plist
>
> net/gatekeeper
>  - version is still v2.2.2
>  - updated dependencies
>  - switch over to link dynamically
>  - added new knobs to build with MySQL, PostgreSQL support
>  - added knob to expand the maximum number of sockets
>
> If you are wondering about this line in net/gatekeeper/Makefile:
> .include <${PORT_DBDIR}/postgresql${WANT_PGSQL_VER}/options>
> It is really a hack, to include the OPTIONSFILE of the postgresql
> port which is necessary to detect if postgresql is build with
> Kerberos V support and which Kerberos V was chosen, as we have to
> link against these Kerberos V libs too.
> The PostgreSQL support is also the reason why i switched everything
> to dynamic libs, as static linking failed, but i think dynamic
> linking is better anyway.
[...]
> There is one major problem with all this!!!
> The /dev/bktr support in devel/pwlib seems to be broken, as
> net/ohphone is unable to register /dev/bktr0 as video device. I tried
> to locate the problem, but had no success up to now. It would be
> really nice and would safe me a lot of time, if someone could help me
> with this.

Bye,
Alexander.

Give me chastity and continence, but not just now.
		-- St. Augustine