devel/pwlib and net/openh323 update coming

Joerg Pulz Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de
Tue Jul 19 09:35:22 GMT 2005

Hi guys,

i spent a lot of time the past days/weeks to update the devel/pwlib and
net/openh323 port to a more recent version. This was necessary to provide
additional features in net/gatekeeper.
It was really a pain, as the build system of these ports is somewhere
between configure and static Makefiles and some functionality is extracted
from the main libs and put into plugins which are loaded at runtime.
Anyway, the first patchset is ready to get tested by a wider userbase.
You can get it at:
ftp://ftp.frm2.tum.de/pub/jpulz/FreeBSD/pwlib_openh323-20050719.patch
The md5 checksum is:
MD5 (pwlib_openh323-20050719.patch) = 889c6cce0824c25d96aa935c0cdb99b6

Now some details about what I've done and what needs to be done...

What I've done:
devel/pwlib
  - updated from v1.5.2 to v1.9.0
  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
  - switch from static library to dynamic library with plugins
  - added new dependencies
  - auto-depend on devel/sdl12 if installed (useful for net/ohphone)
  - switch over to configure
  - removed old patches, added new patches
  - make it installable and add pkg-plist

net/openh323
  - updated from v1.12.2 to v1.17.1
  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
  - switch from static library to dynamic library with plugins
  - adjusted dependencies
  - switch over to configure
  - removed old patches, added new patches
  - make it installable and add pkg-plist

net/openam
  - updated from v1.1.17 to v1.1.18
  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
  - updated dependencies
  - switch over to link dynamically
  - modified do-install stage and pkg-plist

net/openmcu
  - updated from v1.1.7 to v2.1.0
  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
  - updated dependencies
  - switch over to link dynamically
  - install the openmcu.1 manpage
  - modified do-install stage and pkg-plist

net/ohphone
  - updated from v1.4.1 to v1.14.4
  - utilize new MASTER_SITES
  - updated dependencies
  - switch over to link dynamically
  - modified do-install stage and pkg-plist

net/gatekeeper
  - version is still v2.2.2
  - updated dependencies
  - switch over to link dynamically
  - added new knobs to build with MySQL, PostgreSQL support
  - added knob to expand the maximum number of sockets

If you are wondering about this line in net/gatekeeper/Makefile:
.include <${PORT_DBDIR}/postgresql${WANT_PGSQL_VER}/options>
It is really a hack, to include the OPTIONSFILE of the postgresql port
which is necessary to detect if postgresql is build with Kerberos V
support and which Kerberos V was chosen, as we have to link against these
Kerberos V libs too.
The PostgreSQL support is also the reason why i switched everything to
dynamic libs, as static linking failed, but i think dynamic linking is
better anyway.

What has to be done:
The whole thing is only tested with FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE-p4 on i386, so
testing on other ARCHs and other OSVERSIONs would be much appreciated.
I have not touched/tested the following ports:
net/asterisk, net/asterisk-oh323 and net/gnomemeeting
so i would like to ask the maintainers of these ports to try the patch,
adopt their ports to dynamic linking and to report any glitches directly
to me.
I'm unsure about the following ports: comms/pstngw, net/callgen,
net/cphone and net/opengk.
Some of these ports do not even compile on FreeBSD-5.X and newer regarding
the Makefile. It would be nice if someone (the maintainers) could take a
look at them.

I someone is really using net/openh323 on a FreeBSD-4.X system, he should
definitely check if all the comms/ixj stuff that is still in the Makefile
is working, otherwise i will remove it from the final patchset for the PR.

There is one major problem with all this!!!
The /dev/bktr support in devel/pwlib seems to be broken, as net/ohphone is
unable to register /dev/bktr0 as video device. I tried to locate the
problem, but had no success up to now. It would be really nice and would
safe me a lot of time, if someone could help me with this.

thanks for any comments and suggestions
Joerg

- --
The beginning is the most important part of the work.
 				-Plato