virtual categories - descriptions

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Tue Jul 19 02:58:34 GMT 2005

For physical categories, I can get the description from the Makefile
via 'make -V COMMENT'.  Is there a similar source for virutual
categories, e.g. gnome?

I see descriptions for virtual categories listed at:

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-
handbook/makefile-categories.html#PORTING-CATEGORIES

Were the descriptions of virtual categories made up?

FYI: the descriptions in the two locations do not always match and
sometimes neither location matches the values taken from the
Makefile.

Please CC me on all replies on this thread.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - The Technical BSD Conference - http://www.bsdcan.org/