Patch Levels in Ports...

Steve Clement steve at ion.lu
Thu Jul 14 10:07:58 GMT 2005

Edwin Groothuis wrote:

>On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 12:28:18AM +0200, Steve Clement wrote:
>

>>I have a port with 2 FLAGS:
>>
>>BLA_ENABLE=yes
>>BLA2_ENABLE=yes
>>
>>now I need to apply different patches depending on what options are set.
>>
>>patch-aa patch-ab are flailing so what's the correct procedure:
>>
>>split the patch-* to be applied correctly into EXTRA_PATCHES
>>
>>or is there a more elegant way?
>>

>I have had something similar. I just renamed all patches to patch5-
>and patch4- (yes, indeed for 4.x and 5.x) and added them to
>EXTRA_PATCHES depending on the OS version.

Ok, that seems to be the way to go BUT, what is applied first:

EXTRA_PATCHES
patch-aa
patch-ab
and so on... ?

Because now it fails my EXTRA_PATCH, can I apply EXTRA_PATCHES - AFTER -
patch-aa , patch-ab ...

?

Thanks  a lot,

Once this is cleared out I am more than happy to update the porters
handbook...

cheers,

Steve C

--