Ethereal, relying on both Perl an Python for building

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Tue Jul 12 10:04:27 GMT 2005

Hi people,

[ please include me in replies, I'm not subscribed to this list ]

I don't want to waste your time with such a pointless question, but
I would like to know why net/ethereal (and brothers) relies on both
Perl5 and Python to be built.  I can think of some reasons that may
require the help of _one_ script language in order to computingly
generate a C file, but I can't see the point where two would be
needed.

Note that I checked some other Ethereal versions from other packaging
system, and it appears that the Linux/Debian version relies on
Python only, NetBSD's pkgsrc version relies on Perl only.

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
--
Jeremie Le Hen