FreeBSD Port: libgnugetopt-1.2

Michael Nottebrock lofi at freebsd.org
Sun Jul 10 11:55:51 GMT 2005

On Sunday, 10. July 2005 10:00, zhoumin wrote:
>    Hi,my name is zhoumin.when I installed libgnugetopt-1.2 on FreeBSD 4.7 I
> am getting one error :
>     pkg_add: read_plist: bad command '@conflicts freelibiberty-*'
>    Then I intalled the sysutils/pkg_install port according to your
> suggestion mentioned in a letter.But the error still exist.Do you know what
> I can do ?

You need to make sure you're actually using the pkg_add from the pkg_install
port - i.e., you have to run /usr/local/sbin/pkg_add - just typing pkg_add
will still run /usr/sbin/pkg_add, which is the outdated version that ships
with FreeBSD 4.7.

Alternatively, you can
delete /usr/sbin/pkg_add, /usr/sbin/pkg_create, /usr/sbin/pkg_delete, /usr/sbin/pkg_info
and /usr/sbin/pkg_version - this will leave only the new versions of those
utilities in your path and you can run pkg_* again without any path
prepended.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org