Fwd: Re: Tenable Commerical Registered Plugin Feed Licensing Question

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Wed Jul 6 03:18:06 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 07:47:13PM -0700, Jon Passki wrote:
> Should this be marked RESTRICTED, MASTER_SITES be altered to only
> go for nessus.org/tenablesecurity.com servers, or the project not
> even worry about it?

The latter is not an option.

>From my reading they have two licenses for plugins: GPL and this ...
"special" ... license.  We (the project) need to change the following
things on the latter ones:

 - The ports should be marked RESTRICTED;
 - The MASTER_SITES should be blank;
 - IGNORE needs to be set using similiar technology as in e.g. databases/msql

Udo, please let us (portmgr@) know if this is something that you can take
care of in a timely fashion, otherwise, we will look at it ourselves.

To reiterate: the project cannot be in a position to ignore copyright
and redistribution terms that software authors impose, no matter what
our own feelings about those terms or the pre-existing status quo.

mcl, with portmgr hat on