libglut 6.0.1 failing to build on FreeBSD 4.7

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Tue Jul 5 17:26:01 GMT 2005

Mark Stosberg wrote:
> I'm getting this build failure for libglut 6.0.1 on FreeBSD 4.7.
> Any obvious fixes here, or should I go ahead report a bug?

You should not report a bug against 4.7.  For relatively simple ports, the odds
are good that they will still work with older versions of FreeBSD, but things
involving X11 are more complex.  Please upgrade to a supported version of
FreeBSD, which means 4.10, 4.11, or 5.3 or later.

I'm not sure whether this is an obvious fix, but you'll gain three years worth
of security updates and bugfixes which have come out since 4.7 was released,
and 4.11 should be supported via ports until January, 2007 or later.

--
-Chuck